Saturday, June 24, 2006
--------------- update on 28-06-06-----------------
I got a clear MP3 of this song from one of my friend . Thank you Jaison :) . If anyone needs this song , please mail me or send a yahoo messenger msg to me at email@example.com , i will mail it to u.
--------------- end update --------------
below is the beautiful lyrics of that song.
Onnini shruthi thaazhthi
Ennomal urakkamaai unartharuthe
ennomal urakkamai unartharuthe
Onnini thiri thazthoo shaarada nilave
En kannile kinaavukal kedutharuthe
Kannile kinaavukal kedutharuthe
Uchathil midikkale nee ente hridanthame
Swacha shaantham ennomal mayangidumbol
Ethrayo dooramennodoppam nadanna
Pada pathmangal tharalamaai ilavelkkumbol
Thaarattin anuyaathra nidra than padi vare
Thamara malar mizhi adayum vare
Raavum pakalum ina cherunna sandhyayude
Sauvarna niramolum ee mukham nokki
Kalathin kanikayamee oru janmathinte
Njanirikkumbol kevalaananda samudramen
Praananil ala thalli aarthidunnu
Lyrics : ONV Kurup
Music: Devarajan Master
Beautifully sung by: P Jayachandran
Edited on 17th July 2006
(Added the song in malayalam)
ഒന്നിനി സ്രുതി താഴ്തി
എന്നോമല് ഉറക്കമായ് ഉണര്ത്തരുതെ
എന്നോമല് ഉറക്കമായ് ഉണര്ത്തരുതെ
ഒന്നിനി തിരി താഴ്തു ശാരദനിലാവെ
ഈ കണ്ണിലെ കിനാവുകള് കെടുത്തരുതെ
കണ്ണിലെ കിനാവുകള് കെടുത്തരുതെ
ഉചത്തില് മിടിയ്ക്കല്ലേ നീ എന്റെ ഹൃദന്തമെ
സ്വവ്ച ശാന്തം എന്നൊമല് മയങ്ങിടുമ്പൊള്
എത്രയോ ദൂരമെന്നൊടൊപ്പം നടന്ന
പദ പത്മങ്ങള് തരളമായീളവേല്ക്കുമ്പൊള്
താരാട്ടിന് അനുയാത്ര നിദ്ര തന് പടി വരെ
താമര മലര് മിഴി അടയും വരെ
രാവും പകലും ഇണ ചേരുന്ന സന്ധ്യയുടെ
സൗവര്ണ നിറമൊലും ഈ മുഖം നോക്കി
കാലത്തിന് കണികയാമീ ഒരു ജന്മത്തിന്റെ
ഞാനിരിക്കുമ്പൊള് കേവലാനന്ദ സമുദ്രമെന്
പ്രാണനില് അല തല്ലി ആര്ത്തിടുന്നു
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Below is the recipie for the traditional Angamaly Fish Curry. Am a big fan of this dish. I have prepared this dish several times but am not still able to prepare it like how my mother do. The below recipie is a modified version which i got from a friend.
Fish(King fish) - 1 Kilo
Coconut - 1 Full
Onion - 3 Pieces
Ginger - 50 Gram
Garlic - 50 Gram
Green Chili – 10 - 15 Pieces
Coriander Powder - 4 Tbsp
Red Chili Powder – 1 - 1/2 Tbsp
Turmeric - 1/2 Tbsp
Curry Leaves - 3 Stem
Mustard - 1 Teaspoon
Small Onion - 10 Pieces
Red Chili - 3 Pieces
Vinegar - 3 Tbsp
Salt to Taste
Note about Mango:
1 Kilo Mango (Medium Sized) - When Mango Is Peeled, Please Make Sure That The Flesh Doesn’t Contain Any Green Substance (Peel) Because it Spoils The Taste of the Curry. Mango Should Be Cut Into Finger Size.
Note About coconut:
Grind the coconut with 1/2 liter water to make natural coconut milk. Or use coconut milk powder if u doesn’t have real coconut, but in that case u wont get the real taste.
Take sliced onion, ginger (cut into 1 inch length), garlic (each sliced into 2-3 pieces), green chili (each sliced into 2-3 pieces), curry leaves ( 3 stems) in a cooking pan. Add salt and vinegar to it and Start mixing it with your hand. Mix it thoroughly. After sometime add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and oil into it and mix it. . After mixing add the mango pieces to it. Add a mix of water and coconut milk (3:1 proportion) to it so that the mixture just covers the ingredients (fish and mango). Cook it in medium flame. When it starts to boil put the fish in it and checks the salt. (u can add salt if necessary). After 10 minutes check whether the mango is cooked. If mango is cooked properly it means the fish is also ready. Now add the coconut milk into it. And boil it for few minutes. Now in a fry pan add oil and heat it & add some mustard, sauté the small onions, add the dried red chili , curry leaves etc. sauté all of them and just add them to the curry.
Yummy Angamaly fish curry ready.. Its very tasty with rice. :)
Note: The taste of the curry depends on the mango, and the quality of the coconut milk
Thursday, June 08, 2006
I got this mail as forward , and i think its worth forwarding to u r wife/gf/mother/sister/ etc etc..i mean to all of those ladies u know and who have an email ID. and if someone doesnt have an email ID, u can take a print out and give them :D....
1. From 9 June to 9 July 2006, you should read the sports section of the newspaper so that you are aware of what is going on regarding the World Cup,and that way you will be able to join in the conversations. If you fail to do this, then you will be looked at in a bad way, or you will be totally ignored. DO NOT complain about not receiving any attention.
2. During the World Cup, the television is mine, at all times, without any exceptions. If you even take a glimpse of the remote control, you will lose it (your eye).
3. If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a game, I don't mind, as long as you do it crawling on the floor and without distracting me. If you decide to stand nude in front of the TV, make sure you put clothes on right after because if you catch a cold, I wont have time to take you to the doctor or look after you during the World Cup month.
4. During the games I will be blind, deaf and mute, unless I require a refill of my drink or something to eat. You are out of your mind if you expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the telephone, or pick up the baby that just fell from the second floor....it wont happen.
5. It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on, and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.
6. Please, please, please!! if you see me upset because one of my teams is losing, DO NOT say "get over it, its only a game", or "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called "words of encouragement" will only lead to a break up or divorce.
7. You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during halftime but only when the commercials are on, and only if the halftime score is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying "one" game, hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to "spend time together".
8.The replays of the goals are very important. I don't care if I have seen them or I haven't seen them, I want to see them again. Many times.
9. Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child related parties or gatherings that requires my attendance because:
a) I will not go, b) I will not go, and c) I will not go.
10. But, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday to watch a game and his television and sound system is better than mine, we will be there in a flash.
11. The daily World Cup highlights show on TV every night is just as important as the games themselves. Do not even think about saying "but you have already seen this...why don't you change the channel to something we can all watch??", the reply will be: "Refer to Rule #2 of this list".
12. And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank God the World Cup is only every 4 years". I am immune to these words, because after this comes the Champions League, Italian League, Spanish League, Premier League, etc etc.
Thanks you for your cooperation.
Men of the World
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Coming back to good old Punjaaaaab, everything is 'fitta-fit', thank you. 'The loins of Bhatinda welcome you' says a roadside sign. The greatest of their loins, Ajit (of the 'Tawny','Raabert' and 'Mona Darrrling' fame) inaugurated the 'Groin young loins, mathlab Leo as in leopard' Club just the other day.
The Bengalis like to 'shit outside' in the cool 'bridge'. Of course,it is impossible to cross the Howrah 'breeze' these days, especially during the 'crush' hour, when your clothes in the crowded buses get 'crust'.
Bengalis do not have 's' sound and Oriyas do not have 'sh'. So when Bengalis sing 'God shave the queen', Oriyas shout 'Same, same'.
Delhi 'sacooter taxi vallas' will say 'Woh Susu ki' referring to Maruti Suzuki.
And a Delhi teenager might ask a restaurant waiter to 'rape the snakes' (wrap the snacks) and 'snakes' could be anything from 'peeza' to 'baig-dish' (baked dish) to 'senwich' or a plain 'aam-late'. And the waiter asks 'Do you want them raped separate, separate or together ?'
Which all amounts to BJP. No, not the Bharatiya Janata Party, but 'Bada Jollu Party' of Tamil Nadu (this acronym refers to a 'lecher') with its'jalrafying' tendencies. Ready-aaa ? In Tamil Nadu, 'somebody else' becomes 'somebody yells' and villages become 'vill-aage' and marriages,'marr-aaage' and people vacation in 'Gova' and 'Lenden'. And not to forget that bakery called 'Standard confessionary' (sic) in Madras who are the'biggest loafers in town'. And Madras folks are also concerned about others' opinions and wonder 'What will four people think, saaar ?'
Let's take Rajasthan. One english tutor was heard telling his pupil that 'pittal' is 'bras'. And also that 'Mooli' is 'carrot'. The mother of the student overheard and came in and asked 'Isn'tMooli radish ?' To which the embarrassed teacher replied 'Yes, yes,Mooli is sometimes reddish and sometimes whitish.'
And two IIT Kanpur professors were bickering about regional accents.When one Bihari professor got up to make a speech "Bhy bharchu of the authority bheshted in me ...." he was interrupted by his Tamil colleague, who commented "What atrocious accent !". Stung, the Bihari retorted. "Bhat bil you shay ?" "Why, I would say it 'praperly'"
said the Malayali "Like 'By wertu yof the yatority vasted in me...."