Sunday, December 24, 2006
For 26 years this man, anonymously, has roamed the streets of Kansas and elsewhere in December quietly giving people money, often several $100 bills. So far, he has dispensed more than $1.3 million. He has chosen people — in thrift stores, diners and parking lots — who seem down on their luck.
This year, though, his identity has been revealed. Larry Stewart, 58, has cancer and has given his up anonymity because, he says, a tabloid newspaper was going to reveal his name. He wants others to carry on the acts of random kindness he believes are so important. We're here, he believes, "to help other people out."
His bittersweet life story embodies one kind of generosity that Christmas was once about but too often gets lost. In times gone by, the rich would go out of their way in this season to give to the poor.
Stewart arrived at his idea, and his philosophy, through personal experience. He was a college dropout, briefly homeless and once considered robbery. But every time he hit a low point, someone gave him money, food and hope. That, he says, is why he has devoted his life to returning the favors after becoming wealthy from businesses in cable TV and long-distance phone service.
Larry Stewart is the true face of Christmas 2006.
Let us all keep the real spirit of Christmas :).....
"I Wish u all a Merry Christmas"
Read his story here in this link
Secret Santas Website
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
|Ten Commandments for Christmas |
1. Thou shalt prepare early. Don't wait until the last minute to get into the Christmas spirit.
2. Thou shalt keep Christ at the center of Christmas. Don't allow yourself to be overwhelmed by the commercialism of the season. Resolve to read one of the Gospels during December. Mediate upon what it means that Christ came into the world.
3. Thou shalt make Christmas a family time. Do things together: Decorate the tree, play games, bake cookies, shop, write cards, have devotionals, go caroling, attend church together.
4. Thou shalt remember those who are less fortunate. Contribute significantly to an organization serving the needs of others throughout the year. Give a Christmas gift to your church.
5. Thou shalt give thyself with every gift. Put some thought into the gifts you purchase. Give a gift that represents you. If possible, make something instead of buying something.
6. Thou shalt learn to be a good receiver. Many of us have trouble receiving graciously and gracefully.
7. Thou shalt put music into Christmas. Buy several Christmas CD's and play them again and again. Attend church choir cantatas and special Christmas programs. Sing carols with loved ones.
8. Thou shalt slow down. Remember: Christmas is supposed to be a season of peace, not hypertension.
9. Thou shalt remember to worship. The church is the place you are most likely to be reminded of the true meaning of Christmas.
10. Thou shalt receive Christ into thy life. Don't just talk about the Christ of Christmas, receive him into your life as Lord and Savior.
I know i am late in posting this ...(commandment 1) :D.. still its worth blogging
Sunday, October 29, 2006
if anyone cant see it here... use this link
Sunday, October 01, 2006
As I'm laying here in bed
This tiny little prayer
Keeps running through my head
God bless my mom and dad
And bless my little pup
And look out for my brother
When things aren't looking up.
And God, there's one more thing
I wish that you could do
Hope you don't mind me asking
But please bless my computer too?
Now I know that's not normal
To bless a mother board
But just listen a second
While I explain to you 'My Lord'
You see, that little metal box
Holds more to me than odds & ends
Inside those small compartments
Rest a hundred of my 'BEST FRIENDS'
Some it's true I've never seen
And most I've never met
We've never exchanged hugs
Or shared a meal as yet....
I know for sure they like me
By the kindness that they give
And this little scrap of metal
Is how I travel to where they live.
By faith is how I know them
Much the same as you
I share in what life brings them
From that our friendship grew
"PLEASE" Take an extra minute.
From your duties up above
To bless this scrap of metal
That's filled with so much love!
A nice poem ...... but i dont know who wrote it....
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
..ഏന്റെ ഒരായിരം "ഓണാശംസകള്"
..ഏന്റെ ഒരായിരം "ഓണാശംസകള്"
..ഏന്റെ ഒരായിരം "ഓണാശംസകള്"
..ഏന്റെ ഒരായിരം "ഓണാശംസകള്"
..ഏന്റെ ഒരായിരം "ഓണാശംസകള്"
More about Onam here
Monday, August 21, 2006
Saturday, August 12, 2006
i dont know whether i should write about her in my blog.....but after lot of thinking.....i decided...yes i will blog about her and even i will put a photo of her(am i making a mistake ?).....
so below is her photo and more info about her
........and she is my new mobile phone, Nokia N70.... i bought a Nokia N70 last week... i did it after lot of thinking and consultaion :D.... after few days of using it am in love with her... the ability to listen music as if from a walkman, thats the best thing i liked in her..and the photos are not bad(2 mega pixel)...lot of other features too....am sure there is nothing wrong in falling in love with someone like her....
and below is her photo
and a review
Saturday, August 05, 2006
HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT LEBANON ?
1. Lebanon has 18 religious communities
2. It has 40 daily newspapers
3. It has 42 universities
4. It has over 100 banks (that is banks and not branches of a bank)
5. 70% of the students are in private schools
6. 40% of the Lebanese people are Christians (this is the highest percent all the Arab countries)
7. There's 1 doctor per 10 people in Lebanon (In Europe & America, there's 1 doctor per 100 people)
8. The name LEBANON appears 75 times in the Old Testament
9. The name CEDAR (Lebanon's tree) appears 75 times too in the Old Testament!!
10. Beirut was destroyed and rebuilt 7 times (this is why it's compared to The Phoenix).
11. There are 3.5 Million Lebanese in Lebanon
12. There are around 10 Million Lebanese outside Lebanon!
OTHER INTERESTING FACTS
1. Lebanon, the country, was occupied by over 16 countries:
Egyptians-Hittites-Assyrians- Babylonians- Persians- Alexander the greats Army- the
Roman Empire Byzantine- the Arabian Peninsula-The Crusaders- the Ottoman Empire-
Britain-France- Israel- Syria.
2. Byblos (city in Lebanon) is the oldest, continuously living city in the world.
(BTW... i have a BYBLOS sunglass.. now i know why the Italian company named it :D)
3. Lebanon's name has been around for 4,000 yrs non- stop (it's the oldest country/ nation's name in the world!)
4. Lebanon is the only Asian/African country that doesn't have a desert.
5. There are 15 rivers in Lebanon (all of them coming from its own mountains)
6. Lebanon is one of the most populated countries in its archeological sites, in the world!!!
7. The first alphabet was created in Byblos (city in Lebanon)
8. The only remaining temple of Jupiter (the main Roman god) is in Baalbeck, Lebanon (The City of the Sun)
9. English word Bible is derived from byblos(as "the (papyrus) book".)
10. Lebanon is the country that has the most books written about it.
11. Lebanon is a non-dictatorial country
12. According to Christianity Jesus Christ made his 1st miracle in Lebanon, in Sidon (The miracle of Turning water into wine).
13. The Phoenicians (Original People of Lebanon) built the 1st boat, and they were the first to sail ever!
14. Phoenicians also reached America long before Christopher Columbus did.
15. The 1st law school in the world was built in Lebanon, in Downtown Beirut.
:( too sad to see this modern, beautiful country being destroyed by Israelites.....
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
The influence of cellphone in social life is something no one can stop or deny. it has its own advantage and disadvantages. one of it is that u can carry it wherever u r, means u r accessable to anyone anywhere unless u swtich it off, or otherwise u r in a tribal area where there is no mobile coverage..wait..is there any place in kerala where there is no mobile coverage ?...
But this "antime accessability" have some problems... u will have to lie sometimes when somebody call u and ask about ..the place where u r ..what u doing while attending the phone etc etc.... personaly this has caused some funny incidents in my life ...ie.. attending cell phone and lieing what u do..
Calling u r collegue
Question: where r u now.
Answer: am in office ..i have to finish some urgent works..
Voice in the Backgorund: ..People shouting,..someone bargaining about "something" etc etc....and somebody yelling "Arey bhai aappko 1 Dinar pey Hamour(A tasty fish available in Bahrain) nahi milega"
Conclusion: This is doing his weekend purchasing at Fish market in Manama.
U calling u r friend who has told u to meet somewhere.
Question: why r u late ?
Answer: am near awal cinema theatre now ..will reach there in 2 minutes
Voice in the Backgorund: Sound of shower....
Conclusion: The guy is taking bath..u can expect him after 20 minutes.
U calling somone in your slaes team about an urgent meeting he is in.. (he left office early to attend the meeting)
Question: Howz the meeting
Answer: its good..client likes our idea..
Voice in the Backgorund: AMEN (loud voice by a group)..followed by the words of priest " let us pray".
Conclusion: He is attending mass at church
so from next time onwards, when u tell a lie through cellphone, make sure that no "unnecessary" sound get in through the phone :)
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Zidane : enikoru mannamkattayum ormayilla
Red card & off the field. [:D]
Matterazi : nee poo money dineshaaaa (mohanlal style)
Zidane : savari giri giri
Red card & off the field. [:D]
Matterazi : enikoru zinadine zidane kitiyirunekil......avaney njan dribble cheythu veezthiyeney (Jayan style)
Zidane : poda
Red card & off the field. [:D]
Thursday, July 06, 2006
Monday, July 03, 2006
so here it is
1. Amithabh Bhachan
Comment: Yevan Puliyanu kettooo..puli...verum puli alla...SIMHAM :)..i dont think anybody will be able to be a superstar twice in his life.... amithabh bahcan was the super hero in the 70's and now also he can be called a hero. his acting career will never have an end. am sure he will be able to do lot more movies.
2. poor me :(
Comment: am sure i wont be able to do it.. i can just go around the swimming pool ..this happend last month also... my friends and me enjoyed a day at a place called "Holiday villa".. a nice place to have fun and frolic...evening everybody jumped into the swimmingpool and was having a nice time...and poor me was taking some photos and watching them enjoy swimming....yeah in the above photo its me :((
3. love at first sight
Comment:I saw a photo of this town and instantly fell in love with the town...its a small country side..a silent and calm place... should i tell u more about it ?.just see the photo
4. stone age buddies
Comment:....yabba-daba-doo...am a big fan of those Hi-tech-stong-age fellows..the perfect husbands..perfect friends...not just that i like them , am big fan of these guys. Fred-wilma, Barney and betty.. thier modern-stone age tools are super ex: the alarm bird, car wash
elephant, scissor stroke...all of them are superb. i used to think about the guys behind the series , they are really talented. but i would have to say that the flintstone moviies were not that good :( ...they coudnt portray the the flintstones properly in the silverscreen....so thats my random favourite.. ..so let me listen to the theme song... "Flintstones, meet the flintstones , they are the modern stone-age famillyyyy......".................END.......WILMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(fred shouting).
5. I was tagged by Alexis Leon
check his post :) with some amazing photoshop works ;)
Saturday, June 24, 2006
--------------- update on 28-06-06-----------------
I got a clear MP3 of this song from one of my friend . Thank you Jaison :) . If anyone needs this song , please mail me or send a yahoo messenger msg to me at email@example.com , i will mail it to u.
--------------- end update --------------
below is the beautiful lyrics of that song.
Onnini shruthi thaazhthi
Ennomal urakkamaai unartharuthe
ennomal urakkamai unartharuthe
Onnini thiri thazthoo shaarada nilave
En kannile kinaavukal kedutharuthe
Kannile kinaavukal kedutharuthe
Uchathil midikkale nee ente hridanthame
Swacha shaantham ennomal mayangidumbol
Ethrayo dooramennodoppam nadanna
Pada pathmangal tharalamaai ilavelkkumbol
Thaarattin anuyaathra nidra than padi vare
Thamara malar mizhi adayum vare
Raavum pakalum ina cherunna sandhyayude
Sauvarna niramolum ee mukham nokki
Kalathin kanikayamee oru janmathinte
Njanirikkumbol kevalaananda samudramen
Praananil ala thalli aarthidunnu
Lyrics : ONV Kurup
Music: Devarajan Master
Beautifully sung by: P Jayachandran
Edited on 17th July 2006
(Added the song in malayalam)
ഒന്നിനി സ്രുതി താഴ്തി
എന്നോമല് ഉറക്കമായ് ഉണര്ത്തരുതെ
എന്നോമല് ഉറക്കമായ് ഉണര്ത്തരുതെ
ഒന്നിനി തിരി താഴ്തു ശാരദനിലാവെ
ഈ കണ്ണിലെ കിനാവുകള് കെടുത്തരുതെ
കണ്ണിലെ കിനാവുകള് കെടുത്തരുതെ
ഉചത്തില് മിടിയ്ക്കല്ലേ നീ എന്റെ ഹൃദന്തമെ
സ്വവ്ച ശാന്തം എന്നൊമല് മയങ്ങിടുമ്പൊള്
എത്രയോ ദൂരമെന്നൊടൊപ്പം നടന്ന
പദ പത്മങ്ങള് തരളമായീളവേല്ക്കുമ്പൊള്
താരാട്ടിന് അനുയാത്ര നിദ്ര തന് പടി വരെ
താമര മലര് മിഴി അടയും വരെ
രാവും പകലും ഇണ ചേരുന്ന സന്ധ്യയുടെ
സൗവര്ണ നിറമൊലും ഈ മുഖം നോക്കി
കാലത്തിന് കണികയാമീ ഒരു ജന്മത്തിന്റെ
ഞാനിരിക്കുമ്പൊള് കേവലാനന്ദ സമുദ്രമെന്
പ്രാണനില് അല തല്ലി ആര്ത്തിടുന്നു
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Below is the recipie for the traditional Angamaly Fish Curry. Am a big fan of this dish. I have prepared this dish several times but am not still able to prepare it like how my mother do. The below recipie is a modified version which i got from a friend.
Fish(King fish) - 1 Kilo
Coconut - 1 Full
Onion - 3 Pieces
Ginger - 50 Gram
Garlic - 50 Gram
Green Chili – 10 - 15 Pieces
Coriander Powder - 4 Tbsp
Red Chili Powder – 1 - 1/2 Tbsp
Turmeric - 1/2 Tbsp
Curry Leaves - 3 Stem
Mustard - 1 Teaspoon
Small Onion - 10 Pieces
Red Chili - 3 Pieces
Vinegar - 3 Tbsp
Salt to Taste
Note about Mango:
1 Kilo Mango (Medium Sized) - When Mango Is Peeled, Please Make Sure That The Flesh Doesn’t Contain Any Green Substance (Peel) Because it Spoils The Taste of the Curry. Mango Should Be Cut Into Finger Size.
Note About coconut:
Grind the coconut with 1/2 liter water to make natural coconut milk. Or use coconut milk powder if u doesn’t have real coconut, but in that case u wont get the real taste.
Take sliced onion, ginger (cut into 1 inch length), garlic (each sliced into 2-3 pieces), green chili (each sliced into 2-3 pieces), curry leaves ( 3 stems) in a cooking pan. Add salt and vinegar to it and Start mixing it with your hand. Mix it thoroughly. After sometime add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and oil into it and mix it. . After mixing add the mango pieces to it. Add a mix of water and coconut milk (3:1 proportion) to it so that the mixture just covers the ingredients (fish and mango). Cook it in medium flame. When it starts to boil put the fish in it and checks the salt. (u can add salt if necessary). After 10 minutes check whether the mango is cooked. If mango is cooked properly it means the fish is also ready. Now add the coconut milk into it. And boil it for few minutes. Now in a fry pan add oil and heat it & add some mustard, sauté the small onions, add the dried red chili , curry leaves etc. sauté all of them and just add them to the curry.
Yummy Angamaly fish curry ready.. Its very tasty with rice. :)
Note: The taste of the curry depends on the mango, and the quality of the coconut milk
Thursday, June 08, 2006
I got this mail as forward , and i think its worth forwarding to u r wife/gf/mother/sister/ etc etc..i mean to all of those ladies u know and who have an email ID. and if someone doesnt have an email ID, u can take a print out and give them :D....
1. From 9 June to 9 July 2006, you should read the sports section of the newspaper so that you are aware of what is going on regarding the World Cup,and that way you will be able to join in the conversations. If you fail to do this, then you will be looked at in a bad way, or you will be totally ignored. DO NOT complain about not receiving any attention.
2. During the World Cup, the television is mine, at all times, without any exceptions. If you even take a glimpse of the remote control, you will lose it (your eye).
3. If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a game, I don't mind, as long as you do it crawling on the floor and without distracting me. If you decide to stand nude in front of the TV, make sure you put clothes on right after because if you catch a cold, I wont have time to take you to the doctor or look after you during the World Cup month.
4. During the games I will be blind, deaf and mute, unless I require a refill of my drink or something to eat. You are out of your mind if you expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the telephone, or pick up the baby that just fell from the second floor....it wont happen.
5. It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on, and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.
6. Please, please, please!! if you see me upset because one of my teams is losing, DO NOT say "get over it, its only a game", or "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called "words of encouragement" will only lead to a break up or divorce.
7. You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during halftime but only when the commercials are on, and only if the halftime score is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying "one" game, hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to "spend time together".
8.The replays of the goals are very important. I don't care if I have seen them or I haven't seen them, I want to see them again. Many times.
9. Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child related parties or gatherings that requires my attendance because:
a) I will not go, b) I will not go, and c) I will not go.
10. But, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday to watch a game and his television and sound system is better than mine, we will be there in a flash.
11. The daily World Cup highlights show on TV every night is just as important as the games themselves. Do not even think about saying "but you have already seen this...why don't you change the channel to something we can all watch??", the reply will be: "Refer to Rule #2 of this list".
12. And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank God the World Cup is only every 4 years". I am immune to these words, because after this comes the Champions League, Italian League, Spanish League, Premier League, etc etc.
Thanks you for your cooperation.
Men of the World
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Coming back to good old Punjaaaaab, everything is 'fitta-fit', thank you. 'The loins of Bhatinda welcome you' says a roadside sign. The greatest of their loins, Ajit (of the 'Tawny','Raabert' and 'Mona Darrrling' fame) inaugurated the 'Groin young loins, mathlab Leo as in leopard' Club just the other day.
The Bengalis like to 'shit outside' in the cool 'bridge'. Of course,it is impossible to cross the Howrah 'breeze' these days, especially during the 'crush' hour, when your clothes in the crowded buses get 'crust'.
Bengalis do not have 's' sound and Oriyas do not have 'sh'. So when Bengalis sing 'God shave the queen', Oriyas shout 'Same, same'.
Delhi 'sacooter taxi vallas' will say 'Woh Susu ki' referring to Maruti Suzuki.
And a Delhi teenager might ask a restaurant waiter to 'rape the snakes' (wrap the snacks) and 'snakes' could be anything from 'peeza' to 'baig-dish' (baked dish) to 'senwich' or a plain 'aam-late'. And the waiter asks 'Do you want them raped separate, separate or together ?'
Which all amounts to BJP. No, not the Bharatiya Janata Party, but 'Bada Jollu Party' of Tamil Nadu (this acronym refers to a 'lecher') with its'jalrafying' tendencies. Ready-aaa ? In Tamil Nadu, 'somebody else' becomes 'somebody yells' and villages become 'vill-aage' and marriages,'marr-aaage' and people vacation in 'Gova' and 'Lenden'. And not to forget that bakery called 'Standard confessionary' (sic) in Madras who are the'biggest loafers in town'. And Madras folks are also concerned about others' opinions and wonder 'What will four people think, saaar ?'
Let's take Rajasthan. One english tutor was heard telling his pupil that 'pittal' is 'bras'. And also that 'Mooli' is 'carrot'. The mother of the student overheard and came in and asked 'Isn'tMooli radish ?' To which the embarrassed teacher replied 'Yes, yes,Mooli is sometimes reddish and sometimes whitish.'
And two IIT Kanpur professors were bickering about regional accents.When one Bihari professor got up to make a speech "Bhy bharchu of the authority bheshted in me ...." he was interrupted by his Tamil colleague, who commented "What atrocious accent !". Stung, the Bihari retorted. "Bhat bil you shay ?" "Why, I would say it 'praperly'"
said the Malayali "Like 'By wertu yof the yatority vasted in me...."
Monday, May 29, 2006
Crowds lined the Bahrain coast yesterday to watch the world-famous Red Arrows who put on a dazzling acrobatic aerial display. Nine crack Royal Air Force (RAF) pilots put on a 22-minute performance above the Manama waterfront in BAE Systems' Hawk jets. it was led by Squadron Leader Dicky Patounas.
The UK's Red Arrows arrived in Bahrain as part of a tour of Europe, India and the Middle East. They created a special manoeuvre, which they called the Palm Tree, in honour of their visit to the Middle East.
I remember their last tour, which was in 2003. This time also it was superb... simply amazing. Me and my collegues were able to watch it clearly from our office.
The thunder sound when they fly past is something which i liked very much. Gives an impression that u r in a warfront.
And we realy enjoyed the show. So after watching their display i searched for red arrows and found their website. Their website address is http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/
Indian Airforce too have an aerobatics team called "Suryakiran". I havent seen their display live. But i have seen some photos and vidoes of their performance. They are as good as Redarrows. Hope one day i can watch their show live. Below is a photo of their display, which shows Color of Indian Flag.